This article describes how to protect a WordPress page with a password.
PASSWORD-PROTECTING A WORDPRESS PAGE
You can password-protect a WordPress page so the general public cannot see it. This will prevent most humans from being able to easily find it or view its content.
However, this method does not prevent the page from being indexed by search engines, and it does not encrypt the page’s content. Therefore, you should not use this method for page content that you absolutely must keep private.
To password-protect a WordPress page, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- Under Dashboard, click Posts, and then click Add New.
- Write your post.
- Under Publish, next to Visibility, click Edit. The post visibility options appear.
- Click Password protected.The Private option keeps the page hidden from the public completely.
- In the Password text box, type a password.
- Click OK, and then click Publish. Now when visitors go to the page’s URL, they must type the correct password to view its content.