This article describes how to install the Yii PHP framework using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
You can have the Yii PHP framework installed in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type Yii and then press Enter.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications checkbox.
- In the Backup Location list box, you can select a location to store application backups.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous makes periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to the text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click . When the installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about Yii, please visit http://www.yiiframework.com.